Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night IVR set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

acuaverar

Technical User
Jun 4, 2013
US
I have a customer that wants to set up Night mode (activated by time criteria and/or manually activated by user) which will direct inbound calls to a pre-recorded IVR. In this IVR, the customer wants two choices: press 1 for voicemail to ext 21, and press 2 to call a cell phone. I thought I set up the IVR, recording, day/night control, time group, and time conditions correctly but I could not get to the IVR through test calls. Do you have step-by-step procedures to see if I missed something? Thanks!

You can simulate an inbound trunk call to use for testing by creating an inbound route with the DID set to 7777. Set the destination of this inbound route to your time condition.

To test the time condition and the day night control, set your 'Destination if time matches: to some extension and set the 'Destination if time does not match:' to a different extension.

Make a call from any phone to 7777. The call will be seen by the UCx system as an incoming trunk call and follow the path of the inbound route. If the time matches it should go to the correct extension.

Make sure the Day and Night destination in the Day/Night control associated with the Time Condition has the same destinations as the Time condition.
for example: DAY = Destination if Time matches: = ext 275
NIGHT = Destination if Time does not match: = ext 276

Use the toggle code (default is *280) to toggle the day/night mode. You can see the status of the mode in the gui page of the Day/Night Control.

Now that you have this working change the destinations to what they need to be and test again. When you are happy with everything, just set the destination of the Actual Inbound route to the Time Condition and you should be good to go.

If you want the UCx system to make a call from an IVR selection to an external number you must use the follow me feature. If you have an existing extension just add the follow me feature to that extension. To add an external number to the follow me list you must format the number as if you were dialing it from a telephone on the ucx system. for instance to dial out of my lab system i would need to dial 9 for an access code followed by the 10 digit phone number then appended with the pound (#) sign. so the entry would look like this 92146691128#. In the IVR set your selection to go to the extension.

If you want to make an external call from an IVR and you don't have an extension, you can still make this work. Create a Generic Nortel extension. You will need set the User Extension to the extension number, the Display Name to something, and set the Mac address to 0. Then on the Nortel Properties page of this extension, Set the Device Type to be Virtual. now you can set the Follow me settings and it will work as described above. Be aware that use of a Virtual extension requires a license.

Sincerely,
pnp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back