Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nifty text effect for long lists 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyJeffy

Programmer
Sep 10, 2003
GB
I was looking around on the web (as you do) and came across this cool Fash based news displayer that had a nice visual effect.

A long list of items is reduced in font size and crammed into a small screen space. As the user rolls the mouse over an item, it (and the surrounding items) become larger (similar to the MacOSX dock animation). Now, it's using Flash, but still - it got me thinking about how that kind of visual effect could be useful to me... and how I might implement it using javascript in a "standards compliant" method.

Here is what I came up with

I've taken a list of links to country information in the CIA World Fact Book (269 in total)... and attempted to display the data using the same visual effect.

Has anyone else got any "cool" text effects that could be used to good effect (and deteriorate nicely) that they want to share?

Enjoy,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Page @ Code Couch
[/tt]

What is Javascript? FAQ216-6094

Super nice job Jeff. I only wish I had something so great to share....
G2III

Very very nice...

barcode_1.gif

That looks good jeff.

However, I think this guy beat you to the punch (LOTS of cool javascript stuff there)

-kaht

[small] <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <B> <P> <.</B>[/small]
[banghead] [small](He's back)[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back