Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nickname or Personal Message on 3904

Status
Not open for further replies.

amar0315

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2013
US
Does anyone know how to create a nickname or personal message to come out on a phone display when you call it. I have a user that has a message that pops up when you call him, so his display looks like this...

User Name
"Go Bears" <<<< how do you get this?

It also makes my phone beep...Thanks in advanced

Set-to-Set Messaging
CLS STSA
On the phone press the Applications key and select Set to Set Messaging

I knew of this feature but never played with it. I just tried to use it but is it limited to a single unique MARP'd DN?
My 3904 has the CLS STSA and I set the Applications/Set to Set messaging to "In a meeting" and ON but I see no indication of "In a meeting" from other 39XX sets calling my extension. Now I have multiple appearances of my DN, I will try with another 39XX that does not have multiple appearances.

BTW, I'm assuming the "It also makes my phone beep" is from the Buzz feature and not related to Set to Set messaging.

BTW, I tried to setup STSA for set 1140..
SCH1895
Set to Set Messaging not allowed for this set type

Therefore, wondering which type of setup are able to use stsa or/and any solution for 1140

Thank's

Learning is not enough, you have to apply it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back