Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nick Neklioudov's GridHighlighter Class (oldie but a goodie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBellucci

Programmer
Apr 20, 2007
US
I have been using Nick Neklioudov's GridHighlighter Class for a very long time. Within the last couple of years, however, users have reported getting random (I know not really random, but I can't deduce a pattern) DynamicForeColor errors when the grids using the class are in the screen. Has anyone else who still uses this class seen this problem? And, if so, is there a fix or correction?

I get to answer my own question!

Turns out, Mr. Neklioudov has released a version of GridHighlighter since the version I have been using. I downloaded it and found where he had previously identified the problem and coded a fix for it. From the README:

v. 3.7.5 06/14/2001.
Increased reliability. Some situations cause "Invalid Dynamic… value" grid error message.
For example, the host grid destruction process made more reliable to prevent the rare grid bug when grid Destroy() causes "Invalid Dynamic… value" error message. Since GHL gets destroyed before the grid, it will reset all Dynamic expressions to nothing, so when the grid gets destroyed there will be no expressions causing grief.

There are a lot more functions, too. But I didn't want to take the "security" risk of implementing this new class in my software, so I opened the Destroy method of the GHL and used the code there in the Destroy method of my form. So far, so good!

If anyone is curious, here is the link where I found the updated Class:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back