Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NICE Screen Agent Intermittent Recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

glarkin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2002
US
NICE Interaction Management 4.1

Our agents' screen interactions are recorded at random 3 times each day. When I look at the calls for one particular agent, I can see where the icon that shows both audio and screen captures were recorded, but when I launch the recording only the audio portion plays and the screen player never launches. Once a day or so it will record and play back the screen capture normally, but the rest of the calls that should have screen captures just have audio, even though the screen recording icon is displayed. Regular audio recordings are fine.

Is there a log somewhere that I can look at to see what’s going on? I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the Screen Agent client software several times, and I made sure PC Anywhere or any DVD software are not installed.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Greg

Greg,

Screen agent logs are loacated @ C:\ProgramData\NICE Systems\ScreenAgent\(Username)\Logs

If the force record voice check box in system admin is ticketed then it will exhibit whatever you get to see. Do you see a pattern ? Does it occur to all agents or just the one person ? whats the version of screen agents installed on the machines ? Are they work from home agent ?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've been learning a lot about NICE these past few days. Here's what I've done so far:

1. Pulled Screen Agent logs from the Screen Logger server.
2. Found instances of the following error at the same times the screen captures had failed:
Buffer:GetWriteLocation - Not enough space for writing, AgentStatus = SA_RESULT_DFM_NOT_ENOUGH_SPACE_FOR_WRITING]​
3. Pulled Screen Agent logs from the agent's PC.
4. Found instances of the following error at the same times the screen captures had failed:
Buffer::GetWriteLocation : There is not enough space on the buffer for writing]​
5. I opened the SASettings.xml file on the agent's computer and found the BufferSize value was set to "4" (4MB).
6. I increased the BufferSize value to "8", saved the SASettings.xml file, and rebooted the computer.

Ever since I made this change to the buffer size on the agent's computer his screen captures have all been successful.

The BufferSize value in the Screen Agent profile on the server is still set to 4MB. I have a ticket opened with NICE and will see about increasing that value for all agents. When looking at the server logs I saw that more than this one agent was impacted by this so I think the 4MB buffer may be too small for our needs.

Thanks again,

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back