Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nice Logger and Avaya Asai Link Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyFinalJourney

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2003
TR
Hi All

I have Nice logger voice recorder and Avaya Definity Version 8. I just want to connect each other via Asai link, cause I would like to search into the nice logger as log-id and dialed number.

Nice service provider told me that there is two way. First is CDR connection, second is CT server via asai.

I have Map-d board. I will buy nice cls server. Untill now it's O.K. But, I haven't heard Avaya CT server before.

Is there any body that has system like this. Do i need CT server for Nice and Avaya asai connection or not?

Can I connect Nice CLS and Avaya only using Map-D board?

Should I buy CTI server for this connection?

Thanx Guys.
Regards

If you use DLG which you probably are you will need to connect to a CTI server yes. It is just some software from Avaya you run on any machine I think its calles CTConnect.

Dear MFJ,
You need to have a CTI server which is incase of Avaya is
Center Vu Computer Telephony (CVCT) server. You can also connect with other CTI servers also if you already have one.
The Map-d will connect to the CTI server and the CTI server
will inturn connect to Nice CLS. The CTI will convert the ASAI messages to standard TSAPI messages. So it is necessary.
Hope this gives some insight .
Regards,

Thank you very much for your all answers. That's true, I need a CTI server for this connection.

Regards

I've implemented this solution so if you have any questions just ask.

I am having difficulty with a similar solution and was wondering if anyone can clarify. I was advised by NICE to turn on Adjunct Links software only as this would connect to a "passageway" server. Unfotunately NICE have said that they require ASAI core capabilities. I purchased the latest CLASS B CT Licences from my supplier (not Avaya) however did not get ASAI Core Licences switched on. Should I go back and say that ASAI should have been included in the Class B licences bundle or am I misinformed? I paid $20k for the class B licences already. Nice say the link from the MAPD has to be ASAI and not Adjunct Links now.

I have been told that you will not need ASAI if you have Adjunct LInk turned on. I have quoted my customer the same without ASAI. Lets hope it works........

You Said: I purchased the latest CLASS B CT Licences from my supplier (not Avaya) however did not get ASAI Core Licences switched on. Should I go back and say that ASAI should have been included in the Class B licences bundle or am I misinformed? I paid $20k for the class B licences already.

Yes, ASAI Core should be included.

Avaya CT now comes bundled with ASAI Core, ASAI Core Plus or Adjunct Links. Adj links is usually less than Core Plus and maybe less than Core. For Avaya CT (FKA Passageway or Center Vu Compute Telephony), and Nice CLS any of the above will work as ADJLK gives you PLUS functionality and PLUS only adds things like adjunct routing that Nice will not require.

Nice now has CVLAN interface on newer 8.8 CLS, but this requires CVLAN package on the MAPD instead of, or in addition to DLG. Simply moves the server to the MAPD, one less piece of equipment. This would use ASAI Core features. This would eliminate the need for Avaya CT.

I did finally get this solution working! The official line from Avaya is that if you are using an AVAYA CTI server, adjunct links switched on only are fine. The CTI Server that NICE provided on my site was an INTEL and required both core and additional ASAI services. On top of my $20K, we had to fork out another $10K for additional services.
I was not a popular chap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back