Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nice CLS Server - CPU load = 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdx777

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2013
CA
Hi Nice guys!

We're using a CLS Server (8.93) in a VOIP logging system.

I notes that the CPU of the server is always loaded to 100%.

The following processes seem to take all the load:
UniqueCa.exe - 25%;
DISPATCH.EXE - 24%;
STATSRV.EXE - 25%;
CHANSRVR.EXE- 25%;

They have been running for 426 hours now.

I've searched to find out if they are only used to monitor the CLS or are doing something else, but did not find. There's nothing about CLS server on extranice and search through the doc on the server but always nothing. We also opened a ticket with Nice (5 days ago) but I have no news yet.

My goal is to stop those processes but I want to know if it will cause the recordings to stop.

Does anybody knows what tose processes are doing exactly and if I can stop/restart them without any problem?

I'm pretty new with Nice Systems so maybe I missed something important.

Thank you!

hi these are core cls software processes

UniqueCa.exe - 25%; provides a unique call id for each call

DISPATCH.EXE - 24%;monitors all cls processes and restarts them if they fail
STATSRV.EXE - 25%; reports to supervision on any issues with cls processes
CHANSRVR.EXE- 25%; responsible for communication with voice/screen logger and time delta

There was a hotfix released sometime ago for memory leak details here
if you dont have access i persume he are not a BP and only a NICE end user customer. ask them to verify hotfix has been applied

Hello nice12345!

Thank you for your fast answer!

I've tried the link but I have : No results matching your search were found.

I saw that some hotfixes were applied but I would like to see all hotfixes that were released to compare and see if (or more) is missing.

Hi,

Finally, restarting the four services have done the job, CPU load going down (less than 5%).

The HF i mentioned has these symptoms so keep an eye out for processes below and you will know if this is issue. otherwise your issue is elsewhere. stopping and start simply kills the process so have a look at task manager or perfmon and see if the handles increase over time

Problem Description

• CLS Integration server: Non-paged pool resources continuously rise when the Log Manager
Retention service runs. This creates a memory leak.
• CLS server: Log Manager handles remain open even if they were not in use. This creates a
memory leak.
Solution Description
The above-mentioned memory leakage issues are resolved by the following software updates:
• Log_mngr.dll HF: HF 21 on top of CLS Core 8.93 SP5 (located in the CLS HFs folder)
• LogMngr_i.dll and LogMngrRS.exe HF: HF2 on top of CLS Integration 8.9 SP3 (located in
the CLS HFs folder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back