Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIC, Win2k and DSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjs2

Programmer
Jan 3, 2001
US
Have a small home network, Windows NT, Windows 2000 pro and Windows XP pro. Everything seems to be working almost ok. Am also running dsl. The win2k box logs on to the internet, but, when the browser is started (IE 6.0, Netscape 4.75 or Opera 6.1) it cannot find anything. (I assign the IP addresses in the network.) At this point, signed on to the internet, if I go into network properties and reassign the IP address of this machine, the dsl works fine. Until the next time I boot the machine and have to go through the process again. I just have two IP addresses that I flip back and forth so it isn't just one address that is giving the problem. The Windows 2000 box is the only machine on the network that has this problem.

Any thoughts on what causes this and how to fix it?

Thanks
WJS

Is this the wrong forum or do I just not have the question stated in an understandable way? I guess it is more of a network question but don't see a forum for that.

Thanks
WJS

Thanks. That wasn't immediately apparent the way I have been logging in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back