Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIC Teaming and Cisco 3560

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCDugas

MIS
Dec 26, 2001
US
Was wondering if anyone had any experience teaming 2 NICs using a Cisco 3560 or other switch.

I configured the Teaming software for type: SLB (Switch-assisted Load Balancing) and on the switch I created an etherchannel to include the 2 ports.

Here's a sample of my switch config:

interface Port-channel30
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/14
description AETHER - LAN 1
duplex full
speed 1000
channel-group 30 mode on
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/15
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/16
description AETHER - LAN 2
duplex full
speed 1000
channel-group 30 mode on

Jeremy

I have some 3750G switches that I used. The config you show looks fine; however, the port-channel type should also be addressed. I have mine set to:

port-channel load-balance src-dst-ip

I have had no issues with this setting and I have this implemented for my Exchange, SQL, and main file servers all using HP Proliant DL3xx servers.

Thanks for the quick reply. How do you know it's working correctly? Is there a way I can test it? I made the change as you suggested but when I do a show interface I still only see one interface being used.

What is your "Transmit Load Balancing Method" set to on the server?

I think I figured it out. Thanks for your help.

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back