Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIC changing speed after reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcdaniel

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2006
US
I have a couple of computers that were noticing a significant change of speed when accessing an network application. When I went and checked their NICs they were running at 10 Mbps/half duplex instead of the normal 100/full duplex. We had a circuit break on that side of the building and some of these machines were affected and so they rebooted. My question is, has anyone experienced a user's computer doing this before? All machines that changed were running XP.
Thanks

Hello RMCDANIEL,

Where are those XP machines connected too? What I can think is that the switch which the machines are connected had the ports set to 100 full but the configuration was not saved and after the reboot it was set to auto...

Really wierd.

Regards,

Abner

They are connected to a Cisco Catalyst 2980G. All the other machines that were connected to this switch, which wasnt on this circuit, retained their speed. Only these 3 machines had their speed reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back