Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nic card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcbatlinux

Technical User
Mar 30, 2001
US
I just installed SCO on an ACER PC. Installed fine... working fine. Except for my NIC card. First I have no idea what make or model of nic card I have. (sad but that is the case). I've looked at it and grabed what numbers are on there and searched but can't find the "manufacturer" of the card. Soo... I've tried setting it up as a 3COM PCI card but to no avail. BIOS shows it on PCI SLOT 4 IRQ 11. Any clue as to how I might get this thing to work? Any way to look at the device to tell what make it is through SCO OS?

rcbatlinux

Rcbatlinux,
Each NIC card has a MAC address. Each NIC manufacturing vendor has a specified range of MAC address allocated to it by IEEE. The first three number of the MAC address should be able to tell u who the manufacturer is. Dig on google and u will get what u want .

Hope this helps u.

Shailesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back