Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nibbles game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
i have nibbles game and my processior speed is too fast. how do i reduce the overall speed of the game??

What I do to slow a program down is use a FOR NEXT loop. Where a program gets to fast, add this code.
FOR x = 1 to 5000:NEXT x

To cheesylouie:

Qbasicking is right on track. I no longer have that BAS file to tell you exactly where to slow it down, but if memory serves--it is in a SUB-module. But, you can trace the program by using the F8 key.

Open the BAS file.

Find the location that it asks you for NOVICE/EXPERT and INCREASE SPEED stuff.

Place a STOP or breakline (F9).

Press F5 to run it.

When it STOPs/breaks, write down the input variable (so you don't forget what you're looking for).

Press F8 continiously until you come to the section that supposedly does a timing calc to supposedly slow down the speed and increase the returned value by at least 1000.

Press F5 to continue running the game and work out the speed for your system from there.

(Don't forget to remove the STOP command or breakline once you know where it is.)

I think the variable was called SPEED or SLOWDOWN. I may be wrong--since I no longer keep that game on my system.

Good Luck,
--MiggyD It's better to have two heads to solve a problem from different angles than to have tunnel vision to a dead end.

There is also a program "moslo" that will slow the machine down. Don't know if it will help you. See Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back