Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nfuse user getting "not authorized to view this page"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvgirl64

MIS
Aug 27, 2002
US
I have a user that connects to Nfuse from home, via a WinxP Pro pc. He was connected earlier today, but got kicked out when he tried to print. Now when he tries to get back in (he has rebooted his pc and started from scratch), right away he gets the "You are not authorized to view this page", before he even logs in! The message also states that he is unable to log in with the credentials provided, but he didn't provide any. I have logged into Nfuse from here with his user name and password, so the problem is not his profile or permissions. I believe something is stuck on his pc. It seems to be comparing some credentials in its cache. How would I clear that? I have had him clear his temp internet files, cookies and history (sometimes that has helped things with other situations), but to no avail. We uninstalled the web client, but he can't get back to the login page yet to install it.
Anyone have any other ideas?

The same situation has happened with us, and it was a setting on our webserver. We had to grant access to the folder for that user that the webpage was on. If you need specifics, let me know. edarm@weststarmortgage.com

Erik

Make sure he has the URL 100% correct. If the user is going to a folder rather than a page this message would appear. For instance https:/server/citrix would give this error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back