Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NFuse resilience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2001
DE
Guys
I need to find a way to configure an ica address in such a way that the client recieves two different destination ip's for one netbios or dns name. Basically I need to configure Citrix's web interface at a spoke site with a failover (not load balanced)of functionality at a central site. The failover must be seamless (or near enough) and the client devices (mainly ce and some old 9x pc's using the ica client) must not have to be reconfigured in the event of a fail-over. I've thought about using cluster services but the servers are geographically distant and the bandwidth isn't available to support heartbeats and shared storage etc etc. The only thing I've come up with is possibly using DNS or WINS multi-homing but I can't figure out how to make sure that the only time the hub site does any work is when the spoke has failed. HELP!!
thanks in advance
CN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back