Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NFuse question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob1000

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2003
GB
Hello- we have implemented a certificate server with 128bit encryption. Now when users click on the application icon the 'save as' box opens instead of launching the connection automatically as it did before. I can't find any settings in Internet Explorer to change this. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Which encryption level has your clients internet explorer ?

It's 128bit as well. I don't understand why we can't change the option to open the ica automatically.

Hi,
Assuming your using IE, there's a setting in Tools|Internet Options|Advanced, under security called "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" - make sure this is cleared.
Hope this helps,
Rob

Clear the local Temporary Internet Files cache.

If you still get this dialog, try choosing open, instead of Save As, and open with pn.exe. The file association should also be restored.

If all else fails, you could try re-associating *.ica files with pn.exe or Citrix ICA Client Engine (depending on which version of the client you're using).

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers!!

It was Tools|Internet Options|Advanced, under security called "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" - make sure this is cleared.

I'm now trying to find where this is set in the registry so we can put it a GPO, but can't find the exact location.. Bah..

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\AdvancedOptions\CRYPTO\CACHE_PAGES\CheckedValue

:) CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Blimey- that's great! Cheers. Funny thing is this morning users can log onto the web site and see their applications but they won't launch when clicked. Just hangs..

I have the same problem.... users are able to see the apps but when the click on them, nothing happens... Cany anybody help on this issue? Thanks!

Avalanche808,

Did you every cure this issue, if so, what was it?

Cheers,
Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back