Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NFUSE installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

saif2

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2002
OM
Hi all,
While installing Citrix Server with subsets METAFRAME XP and NFUSE, I 'm getting following error:
Updating System
Creating Admin tool web application
Error:1720: There is a problem with this Windows Installaer Package.
A script required for this install to complete could not be run.
Contact your Support Personnel or Vendor.
OK

After this whole installtion rolls back.

But if I install Citrix without NFUSE option i.e.- only with METAFRAME XP option, then installation becomes successful.
Since Citrix is already running at the site with METAFRAME XP option, I have a strong doubt that the configuration of NFUSE will again roll back the whole installation.
Can somebody guide me the procedure /Precautions I have to take before installing NFUSE.
Thanks & regards.

I've never seen that particular error message - do you have IIS installed on that server? CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Hi,
Yes, IIS is configured on the server.

regards.

check your installer, you should have at least version 2.0 of Microsoft's installer.

Good point - if you're running MetaFrame FR2 especially, then you should be running MSI 2.0 (you should be running it anyway ;-)) CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

did you remap the drives prior to installing MFXP? there is a known issue that the COM+ gets hosed....

Also, check in computer management,users and groups and see if you disabled any of the internet guest accounts. If so, enable them, then run the nfuse installation....that worked for me (I had the same issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back