Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NFuse Classic: there is no citrix server configured .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

citrixnl

Technical User
Jan 6, 2003
NL
Dear people.

I recently installed NFuse classic on a webserver and published this webserver on the web. I now can reach the NFuse login page from the web and i can put in my credentials. Next i see a page where i can choose my application (desktop) and when i click this icon i get the message that he is connecting. After a while i get the message: There is no citrix server configured on the specified address.

I have an ISA server in my network where i put in that port 1494 has access. But still it isn't working ?

Does somebody know how i can resolve this problem.

I also did open port 1604 (UDP) in the ISA server.

does your citrix server has an alternate ip address ?

I published my citrix server on the external IP adress of the ISA server. So i gave my citrix server the same alternate address as the external IP address of the server. Now it is so that i can reach the citrix server on the internet when i use the program neighborhood. This is working fine now, but when i try to connect with NFuse i now get the message: The citrix server is not accepting connections. When i look at it i see that NFuse is using the internal IP address of the server not the alternate address. I already tried to modify the template.ica, but it doesn't make any difference.

Quick checklist;

Port 1494 open outbound
Port 1023 open inbound
Port 1604 open inbound AND outbound
Port 443 open if you're using SSL/HTTPS

Check your port sharing rules are correct.

The two messages
"There is no route to the specified subnet address" and "Cannot connect to the Citrix Server. There is no Citrix server configured on the specified address" basically mean the same thing; that there is a Firewall configuration issue stopping connection to the Citrix server.

There is an alternative however; that the client is not looking for the correct server. Ensure that the PN client is setup to look for the Citrix server on the alternate address.

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Did you configure your nfuse server using the alternate ip address ??

I didn't set the alternate address on the NFuse server. Should i do this with the same commando like altaddr /set ip address like i did on the citrix server.

No, you have to configure your nfuse server using the alternate address of your metaframe server.

Which version of NFuse do you use?

Hi,

You need to amend the config.txt file with the following:-

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; NAT, Proxies and Port Address Translation
NFuse_InternalNetworks=192.168.,192.169.,192.170.

That will ensure that those on the internal network (192...) will use that address and those on the Internet use that Alternate Address!

Does that help?

Cheers,
Carl.

You will also get the same message if one or more of your Citrix™ servers XML service is flaky .. Stop & start the Citrix™ XML service on the server/s that your Nfuse™ IIS server is configured for on the NFuse™Classic
Administration page...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back