Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NFuse 1.7 - HTTP 500.100 and ASP (0x8002802B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsharkey

MIS
Jun 27, 2002
US
Hello, All,
I'm hoping you might be able to help me with the following error, as I have scoured the KB's on both Citrix and Microsoft and can't find anything that really applies to this problem:

I am getting an IIS HTTP 500.100 error, with the associated ASP error 0x8002802B, with the text "An error occurred while creating object 'ConfigForm'" when I try to launch (I have also tried using the server name instead of "localhost" - the same thing happens).

I am using:
MetaFrameXP 1.0, SP/FR2 on W2K SP2, IIS 5.0.

~I have gotten this error on 2 different servers, after what appears to be a successful installation of NFuse 1.7.
~I have tried accessing from both the local servers' browsers, and various remote browsers, of a variety of versions (all IE).
~I have made sure that both the NFuseAdmin and NFuse17 directories are the root for an IIS web application by the same name as the directory.
~I have tried with both the Citrix directory as the root of an application and also as a subdir of the Default Application (I am pretty sure it should be under the default app, as there is no global.asa for it).
~I have uninstalled/reinstalled, repaired, etc. NFuse 1.7 several times.
~I have opened up NTFS security to allow Everyone Full Control for testing purposes.
~I have put a test script into the gloabl.asa to verify that it is firing; it is.
~I have opened the default web site home page on both servers to verify that ASP is working correctly - the iisstart.asp and localstart.asp open with no problems.
~I have viewed KB articles CTX202409, CTX540088 and CTX901730 and verified that the suggested fixes don't make any difference.
~I have rebooted the servers several times, just for lack of anything else to try...
~Went through the entire registry and repaired all entries that still pointed to the original location of the Default Web Site (I always move it to D:, as I use C: for only the system partition).

After I set the custom errors to default for the pages, I got the following error in the browser:
Active Server Pages error '8002802b'
Create object failed
?
An error occurred while creating object 'ConfigForm'. error '80040111'
ClassFactory cannot supply requested class
/Citrix/NFuseAdmin/global.asa, line 139
After this, I tried, just for lack of anything else, to turn on permissions to run executables, as well as scripts, on the site. Now I get this error instead of the one above:

Create object failed
?
An error occurred while creating object 'Constants'.
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ae'
Class doesn't support Automation: 'Constants'
/Citrix/NFuseAdmin/global.asa, line 74

I have not edited the global.asa or any other files involved with the site, other than to add in the script to verify that the asa is firing.

I really hope someone can help, as I am at a total loss....

Thanks,
Laura Watts
Mattel Inc., Systems Engineering
laura.watts@mattel.com
(310) 252-2524

Laura, did you get anything to work on this? I am having the same problem as you describe it on a win2k server with IIS 5.0. I am not having the problem on a test server which happened to be running IIS 4.0 on NT4.

If you found the answer, I would love to hear about it!

Thanks, Russ

I am having the same problem. jayau1 asked about having Lotus Notes installed and published. I do have Lotus Notes installed and published. Does this cause a problem with IIS and NFuse operating? If so is there a fix.

Change the default icon for Lotus Notes to something else, as stange as it may sound this has caused many issues with Nfuse - might need to reload iis - type iisreset on the command line on your Nfuse server if it doesn't fix the problem.

We have notes running and published on our citrix servers, but not on the server running NFuse. I changed the icon in notes, and I also deleted the published app, but we are still getting the following error message when you go to the nFuse URL:

Create object failed

?

An error occurred while creating object 'gNdsObj'.

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Permission denied: 'gNdsObj'

/Citrix/NFuse17/global.asa, line 22

I realize this is not the exact error as stated by lauracw, so if there are any other suggestions or ideas about a solution, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks, Russ

I finally found something that worked for me. Look at MS Knowledge Base Article Q309051. I didn't have the NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users in the Users group. This only seems to be an issue with 2000 Advanced Server because I didn't have any problems on 2000 Server. Hope this works for you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back