Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NFS problem in linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

miaping

Technical User
Jun 8, 2007
IR
Hello all

I Have 2 box:
1-A SCO Openserver 5.0.7
2-A Linux (KNOPPIX 5.0.1).
When I connect them with TCP/IP all connection types can be done but mounting one of SCO EAFS filesystems on the linux box fails. The command used was simple:
mount -t nfs 192.168.50.2:/u /mnt/1
192.168.50.2 is IP of SCO box and /u is a sample directory exported.
When the mount command fails it tells:
Can't read superblock.
How can we mount a filesystem from SCO box on a linux with nfs? What was wrong in our case?
Is this problem because of the nature of SCO filesystem(EAFS) (linux don't know it)? But if this is the problem, this matter must not make problem in NFS protocol?
Thus what is problem?

Any comment will be appreciated
Thanks

the error says "can't read superblock"

that means that linux cannot get information about the disk to mount and its filesystem.

Possibilibties:

- badly exported nfs share
- SCO EAFS superblock not accesible to the linux root user for whatever reason

In the latter case I am tempted to suggest you to add "no_root_squash" to your export definition but that should only have an impact on the shared filesystem once mounting has been succesful; anyway, just in case, give it a try.

QatQat

QatQat

If I could have sex each time I reboot my server, I would definitely prefer Windoz over Linux!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back