Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NFS mount with non-identical UIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

WFdon

Technical User
Oct 25, 2017
US
I have an NFS server with an exported filesystem /x/y/z/repo with owner of oracle UID=300. I have this mounted as an oracle repository to many clients. There is no problem with the clients where oracle is also UID=300. My problem is with about 20 clients where the oracle UID=200. I need this to be shared r/w with all the clients. I have tried setting 777 on /x/y/z/repo. This works only at the highrst directory level. When drilling down into sub-directories from the client the ownership does not allow access. How can I fix this without changing the UID from 200 to 300 on all the clients?. Changing 200 to 300 is not an acceptable solution as these are oracle database servers and could have a severe negative impact. Has anyone implemented a work around for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back