Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NFS Mount problem Solaris6/8

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornetbloke

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
NL
I've set up an NFS share on a Solaris 8 box which is currently accessed with no problems by 3 Solaris 7 boxes.
I'm now trying to mount a directory on the NFS share onto a Solaris 6 server (upgrade not an option at this point)
The connection just hangs on generates the following error in the messages file of the Solaris 8 NFS server:
nfssrv: [ID 550735 kern.warning] WARNING: nfsauth: RPC: Unitdata error
Can anyone shed any light on possible causes?

I know that sharing should still work from even a Solaris2.3 machine to a solaris 8 machine, we do it.

whats the dfstab like on the server machine, what are the relevant lines from the vfstab on the client machine?

can you mount the share from the prompt, not from the vfstab, to a different location?

jon

Perhaps one is using TCP and the other UDP? Have a look at the proto=<netid> option on the mount_nfs man page. Annihilannic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back