Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NFS mount point problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aixadm

MIS
May 11, 2005
US
Hi,
On AIX client, I mounted a file from remote server which being configured with read/write permissions to all.I did not get any issues while mounting but when I try to write to the file, it was giving errors like
$ mkdir test
mkdir: 0653-358 Cannot create test.
test: The file system has read permission only.
In fact I have mounted this file system with rw, softm intr permissions.
Does anybofy have any suggestions?

1) verify exported directory with
showmount -e yourserveradress

2) it may be a simple user rights problem, is the client user wich try to create the directory is alowed to ?

Gloups,
Yes, showmount -e servername is showing the mounted directory and permissions to Everyone.
The user who is trying write on this mounted directory has all the permissions to do so from the client.Actually this mounted directory on the server is owned by the same user who is tying to write on the client.

Khalidaa,
I am getting the same error when I try to create the directory using root.

Thanks

Then try to remove the exported FS on the server and the mount point on the client and try doing them again after refreshing the nfs group!

I solve 90% of my nfs problems this way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back