Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nexus 5596

Status
Not open for further replies.

chieftan

MIS
Dec 18, 2002
GB
Strange problem that seems to have rectified itself but wondering if anyone has seen this before.... (answer would be great as I would like to know before installation into the live environment).......

2 x Nexus 5596 and 4 x FEX

1 x Nexus - 1 port to FEX101 and second port to FEX101
1 x Nexus - 1 Port to FEX102 and second port to FEX102.

Okay, so the switches are configured as a vpc - 2 ports connected on front of chassis and management for keep-alive.

The strange issue was that switch A booted fine with all the config for the FEX correct and failover working. However, when switch B was loaded the config from the startup for FEX102 was fine, but the config for FEX101 was missing (it is there in the startup):-

Show int port-channel - OK
Show int eth ????? - OK
Show FEX - OK

In fact, everything showed as up and running. The only problem was the missing config on switch B for FEX101 (which is a problem when the VLAN info and Port-channel info for those FEX ports is required).

To confirm the issue I changed to a known working FEX and the same thing occurred again on reload.

I then disconnected and reconnected the connectivity between switch B and FEX101 and reloaded the switch. Same issue...... Then I thought "Lunch time, let's try 1 more reload" and this time the config for FEX101 was there.

This is a strange issue and wondering if anyone else had seen this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back