Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Next, Previous Function with Groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookeye

Technical User
Jun 2, 2006
US
I am wondering if anyone has any idea on how to use the next/previous function but instead of each record, but rather with groups. I'll give an example... essentially we have a set up details records.. and it is separated by dates. say i have 3 records with 1/1/2013 3 records with 1/7/2013 another set at 1/21/2013....

so what I have done is grouped it by date, but i want the groups to show the dates inbetween 1/7/2013 to 1/21/2013 (well i want it via weeks, but lets start with just dates)

so i want the group to show for example 1/14/2013

from my understanding i can use the next date, and if its missing a date, i can add the additional one... however I cant seem to get this to work via in the groups.. it only seems to be working on the record...

so I was wondering if anyone was able to figure this out.. otherwise i have to make a dummy record for 1/14/2013 for the group to show those weeks...

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you check the previous record in the group header of group 1/21 you will see it is 1/7. So you could create a dummy Group Header and suppress it with a condition of:
{date} - previous({Date}) < 7

Those groups with more than a 7 day from the previous record would expose a dummy header section that shows the missing group.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back