Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Next Function not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

kameta

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2001
KE
In this extract from my projects ARGS is a variable with value = "19,36"

Dim ProjID As String, ActID As String
Dim i As Integer
' Parse ProjID
i = InStr(1, args, ",")
If args <> &quot;&quot; Then
ProjID = Left(args, i - 1)
End If

When I get to the line left(args, i-1), it gives an error message that it can't find project or library. i have a feeling the inbult function left() is missing since even when I type 'left( ' it does not bring the asssistant to the parameters of left. Is there a way the function could be missing?

You should check your references, maybe there is one missing.
BTW, you should also observe the naming conventions for your vars, this will make your programming work a lot easier, especially debugging.

Are you certain that &quot;args&quot; is a string?

Steve, you are the greatest, I used the VBA.Left thing and it worked. Thanks, I owe you one.

Happy to help, or point you in the right direction. However, note that their is still something wrong with your installation. You should'nt need to use the VBA.Left prefix. Suggest you compare your references with those on a computer where you dont need the prefix. this might help.
Good luck,
Steve Lewy
Solutions Developer
steve@lewycomputing.com.au
(dont cut corners or you'll go round in circles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back