Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newsgroups - Microsoft Outlook vrs Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeee

MIS
May 5, 2001
US
Will outlook (Office 2000) work for newsgroups or do you have to use outlook express ?? If microsoft outlook will work - which is is better ? Would microsoft outlook give us any advantages over outlook express 'for newsgroups' ? We have a large computer/corporate exchange server enviorment (1500 machines) and would like to streamline where possible without losing capability.

I was told that outlook express had to be left on the machine to be able to use the newsgroups but that you could use them from within outlook 2000. Makes no sense to me but it does work. I just took the icon off the desktop and people use the outlook instead of the express.

Outlook has no newsgroup engines of it's own. It does use OE for this function which is why you should not remove OE unless newsgroups is of no concern. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back