Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NewRec

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrep

Technical User
Feb 27, 2002
CA
Minor problem caused in form !

My form opens and goes to a new record.
private sub docmd.gotonewrec

now at the bottom of the form i have a macro wich
calls another sub performs calculations and then goes to
a new record !

I am not sure why but this causes 2 records to be added !
one blank!

I believe it is because of the on open event!

So how can i open my form to add a new record perform
the calculations then go to a new record without having
a blank added in ! ?????

If you add a record when you open the form, and add another with a macro you'll get two records. The math is simple.

Suggest that you delete that action of the macro that "goes to new record". Then,

1) Use the wizard to insert a command button and follow instructions to build a button that will "add a record". Click on the command button when you've finished with the first new record, to begin entering the next new record., or

2) Without "going to a new record On Open", open the form in Data Entry mode ('Yes' in the property sheet -> Data -> Data Entry.), or

3) If your form is open in edit mode, use the asterisk in the navigation buttons to add a new record.

Gus Brunston :cool: An old PICKer, using Access2000. I manage Suggestions welcome. padregus@attbi.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back