Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newby: How to create a Variable that is visible outside a package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beltmanjr

Technical User
Oct 29, 2007
NL
I am trying to create a variable that I could actually pass from Crystal reports into flex. Now crystal has a nice option of passing this variable, but I dont know how to set this variable up in flex.

When simply defining a variable it tells me it will not be available outside the package. I assume that in order for any external program to be able to pass a value to a variable it actually should be visible outside the package?

I'm very new to flex and still going through the tutorials, but it would be super to know how I have to set up a variable in flex so I could pass a value to it from an external program and display it in a textbox orso.

Any help appreciated.
Cheer
JR

Sometimes you have to answer your own questions. For this one I found the answer on the Adobe website. It gives a very simple example which shows the basic idea behind passing variables. Note that although this example demonstrates how to use HTML/JS to pass variables it the Flex bit works in exactly the same manner for Crystal Reports:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back