Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newby cannot turn off 'hover' function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turkbear

Technical User
Mar 22, 2002
US
Hi,
Is ther a way to stop 7 from assuming that I want to 'click' just because I am hovered over an item? In the Accessability settings that option is not checked, but it still seems to be functioning.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi again,
Should have specified:

Acer Aspire One Netbook
Touchpad only
Windows 7 Starter

[profile]

Hover over what item: in Windows Explorer, on the Desktop or in the Taskbar?

Is the item opening or are you just getting a pop-up description that you don't want? You've not made this clear.

Regards: Terry

Hi,
So far it seems to be any clikable object or part of object ( like the close x in a window)

It reacts like I actually tapped the pad or pressed the button bar ( It may be just my unfamiliarity with the touchpads actions - maybe I'm tapping without realising)

I'll experiment with it more ( it only the second day with it) and post the results..

Thanks....

[profile]

Sounds like the pad is a little too sensitive. Reacting to movement as a click when its not.

You may want to deactivate the click from the pad. Should be in the Mouse Options in Control Panel.

I know for my laptops I always deactivate it, because it can get very annoying.

Besides I usually end up plugging a USB mouse so I have very little need for the pad.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Hi,
I am also not a big pad fan, so I probably will add a USB mouse. ( We got this Netbook for airline travel , so we can use our other laptop's ( a 17" Dell that is really too heavy to carry along) USB mouse with it)

Thanks to all...

[profile]

Trackpads seem to have got to a stage where they have become too clever for their own good. There are now so many functions, you need a three year degree course to understand them all and in how to set them up correctly.

Many users are finding problems with over-sensitive pads. A typical problem is the one you suffer: another is in Word when the insertion point seems to jumps lines with a will of its own. All these are attributable to an over-sensitive pad.

You can try adjusting its sensitivity or simply disable the Tap to Click function.

Regards: Terry

Hi,
Thanks all...I will be away from the Win 7 machine for a while so will post my results ( reducing sensitivity, disabling tap function, etc. ) later...

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back