Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie's Problem With Hyperinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phylis

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
GB
Hi

I am new to IIS and would be grateful for any assistance.

I am trying to set up an intranet but I am having problems with the links –

I have got a default page working and all domain users can access this using internet explorer e.g. the problem is the links to other internal WebPages don’t work, but links to .PDF and .DOC files do.

If I access the default page through the folder all of the links work!?, but again if I (administrator) try to access the site through internet explorer they don’t.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you get an error when you try to click on the link to the other internal pages? If so, what is it? Are the links to other machines on your network?

many thanks for the reply

the error message i get is - http 404 file not found.

All of the links point to pages stored in the folder on the same server. - it is only links to html files in that folder that this error appears.

the links to any pdf or word files dont have any errors and just open as usual.

like i said the all links work fine if i open them through the default page in the folder

ty.

Try using this syntax on your hyperlinks. filename.html

Do not use any Http or www. just the filename and ext

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back