Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEWBIE TO CrysTal REPORT - NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

aullah

Technical User
Oct 8, 2008
CA
Hi Everyone,

We are really new to Crystal report - I tried to get help from Crystal report but they will not support or answer any question if you dont have the support contract with them.

All i wanted to know is how to make it work - I have installed it on the server - but cannot connect to it - I need to know which one is main application - in the start menu.

Also wheni went to business view manager - its asking for system , username, password and authentication.

All i have set is password - what would be the username here ? also system should i put just the IP ? I have tried everything here but nothign works. Any help would be really appreciated OR if you can guide me to a link where i learn more about crystal report .

I am sure it will be helpful to alot of people as well who are new to Crystal Report.

I never had any training on this and want to learn on my own. PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPP

Is this the enterprise version, because initial support comes with the enterprise version.

No - It is not the enterprise version.

Its a standard version - Our end goal is to publish the report on intranet so everyone can see the reports.

but when i try to connect to server where we have Crystal Report server isntalled, it didnt connect. even on the server itself i dont know what would be the username.

Help :(

Well sound like you have the wrong version. You can generate reports,, but the enterprise version, installs on the server and runs a crystal website for report distribution. I am not sure if the standard version supports that or not. I am sure you can do reports, and "save" them to a website so they can be viewed with the crystal report viewer,, but I belive they will be static. What type of database are you conneting to?

With enterprise the inital user name is Administrator with no password not sure about std.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back