Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie to CE 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

BScentral

Programmer
Mar 25, 2003
US
My company has been using Seagate Info 7.0 with Crystal reports 7.0 for the past 3 years. We have now upgraded to Crystal Enterprise 8.0 with Crystal Reports 8.5. We are using Sql server where all elements are also stored. We create reports for viewing over our intranet and no one will run their own report - all reports will be scheduled as we did before. My problem is the scheduling - in all documents i have read, it says to create CSP pages to schedule reports. I have never done this so any help will be deeply appreciated. ( Sorry this is so lengthy!)

You need to install a separate CE8 server so that you can have a parallel run on all of the reports.

You cant schedule a report in CE8 that is lower than version 8.5, meaning all reports inside CE8 must be in CR 8.5

You need to convert all your reports in version 8.5 and publish it in CE8.

You can refer on white papers from Crystal Decisions on how to migrate Seagate Info to CE8.

Hope this could help you

Cheers,

Pong Almario
Certified Info Consultant
from the Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back