Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

newbie switching site to css

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeBozette

Technical User
Sep 29, 2003
US
My first attempt at a website consisted of Dreamweaver and nested tables. I'm now trying to switch the site to css as much as possible. I've changed as much as I know to do. Could someone look at my code and tell me if there are more ways I could use css? Comments on any other clean up I should do would be welcome, too. I plan to try converting from tables to divs next.

Thanks in advance
Boze

There's a lot you need to do. I recommend you start by looking at this tutrial at HTMLDog. Also, check their HTML tutorial.

In short, you should shorten and simplify your CSS, and the same with HTML. You don't need to control backgrounds and colours both in HTML and CSS -- it should be only controlled through CSS. You should use descendant selectors as opposed to giving your links classes. You should not repeat values that do not change with pseudo classes.

[small]Do something about world cancer today: Comprehensive cancer control information at PACT[/small]

Thank you... for both the tutorial link and the pointers. That's exactly the type of information I was hoping for! I really appreciate the help.

Boze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back