Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

newbie seeking references

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormbind

Technical User
Mar 6, 2003
GB
Hi,

I understand the core of Pascal, but I don't know _anything_ about programming for Windows :(

Can anyone recommend a good site (reference/tutorial/etc.) that covers interacting with the GUI, drag & drop, mouse clicks, etc..?

----------
I'm willing to trade custom scripts for... [see profile]

Delphi is the best tool for writing Windows programs in pascal language. I don't think you can write real Windows programs in Turbo Pascal.

The Delphi IDE is intuitive, it has the same syntax check as Turbo Pascal and a great help-system (for procedures etc).

The list of supposed events such as mouse clicks etc. are listed in a menu beside the window you are working on. As soon as you click an object on your window, the menu show that object properties. There you can switch on for example the 'on-button-click' event, and give it a name, and there you are shifted into the code-window and can write normal Pascal-code that should happen in that click.

Delpi and Windows are event driven, it is a bit different from DOS and Pascal where you must check everything inside the main program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back