Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie questions about cisco VPN/IPSec

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanking

Technical User
Jul 13, 2004
AU
I am new to cisco IPSec. I wanna test my site-to-site IPSec configuration with Cisco routers (2500 and 2600). However, I cannot enable IKE by using "crypto isakmp enable" in global config mode. It seems the routers doesn't support IPSec.

If someone has experiences with VPN configuration, could you please tell me if the 2500 and 2600 need sepcial hardware to support VPN, and which version of Cisco IOS started to support IPSec (the IOS version running in my routers is probablly too old).

Thanks in advance.

You will need an IOS version that supports DES or 3DES. Contact your Cisco rep or a Cisco partner to get the correct IOS.

give us a "show version" output and I can tell you what you have and if you have enough memory to support an upgrade.

you have to purchase the IOS with VPN des/3des.

Regds,
Kaushal Vashisht
I Am from INDIA. LAND teach the world about Mathamatics & started Universities to educate the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back