Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

maccer99

Vendor
Oct 17, 2003
FR
I am just starting to learn Access and been given a few exercises to try and do. I have 2 questions that are puzzling me

1) open access and enter the main heading House lettings. Does this mean after I have designed the database using design view that when I save it I should give the table name House lettings?

2)When designing the database for the heating you must use the following criteria text, field size 1, Validation Rule O or G or S, validation text O or G or S,
O = Oil
G = Gas
S= Solid Fuel

I understand how to do the text and field size. Am I right in saying for the validation rule I should have "O" Or "G" Or "S" and for the validation text I should have O or G or S

Sorry I work as a chef I must have made a mistake in the registration and it won’t let me change it? I want to take a course in Microsoft office but the course requires you know the basics. I am good with Word and Excel and I know a little bit about Powerpoint but I have never had a needed to us Access. A friend of mine gave me a quick overview and some old exercises from a course he done. He said they are basic exercises and I should be able to get through them. I don't want to be always ringing my friend or asking him to show me. He will soon get annoyed with me lol. Out of the 8 exercises he has given me they are the only 2 questions that I am unsure of. There were others but with the help file I was able to find what I needed to know.

A database has a name. In the case of Access, it's the file name

MyDatabase.mdb

Within a database there will be one or more tables, each with a unique name.

Validation rules can be applied to a particular table field. In some cases, discrete values are used.

:)

Skip,
Skip@TheOfficeExperts.com

Did I get my validation rules and validation text right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back