Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwill

Technical User
Aug 15, 2001
US
I'm trying to decide whether or not to use this for my next project. Can I use a WYSIWYG HTML editor to build the general layout of a page, then use coldfusion studio to insert my database controls?

Also, what do you think is the best way to go about generating your pages? Keep in mind, I know relational databases, but have little experience in Web Design/Creation. thanks

yes, you certainly can use a WYSIWYG HTML editor then use CF Studio.

I dont quite understand what you mean when you say "the best way of generating pages"

I guess I really just wanted to know if there was a WYSIWYG CF editor

Hello kwill!

I guess that the closest thing to a WYSIWYG for CF is Dreamweaver Ultradev 4. This is a very nice package with which you can design CF, JSP and ASP pages (not combined).

The hardest thing would be deciding which protocol to use.

Although I have ultradev, as a programmer, I like to know to be able to do more than drawings and clicking ... I have decided to learn CFML and not use dreamweaver until I know enought to judge if the produced code is or not what I want ... I mean, some of these WYSISWYG packages create a lot of overhead thus rendering your application useless and/or unfriendly to maintain.

don't get me wrong though, I think DW Ultradev is d'heck of a package and every one should have a copy on their shelves.

Good luck!

josel If you have the knowledge, consult and educate those who need it! - Jose Lerebours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back