Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim7498

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2005
US
Sorry if this question has been asked in the past, but I checked the threads and searched but did not find the answer. Here goes. I am pretty familiar with Call Manager/ Unity but never worked with a traditional PBX per say. I just started a new job, and it looks like their old telecom guy did not continue maintenance with the venodor who sold it to them. I just had a couple of questions. We are running an NEAX 2000 IPS, Call Xpress 7.0 VM admin software, and using MatworX32 7.3.4. Just had a couple of questions?

If i Want to give a user another extension (virtual) how would I do that?

2) If the carrier has setup a new 888 xxx-xxxx number on our PRI, how can I point users who call that number to voice mail box 5556?

Thanks in Advance

It's easy but hopefully you have a command manual to follow along with. In command 11, assign new extension number to an available len. Then, in command 9000, you will assign that extension number to a key number on the primary set you want it to appear on. In command 9001, you'll tell it if you want your new extension to ring or not ring by entering the key number you just assigned it to, and entering a 0 for ring or 1 for no ring.
Finally, you'll want to probably call forwarded to vm. Use commands E600, E601, E602, and E603. Matworx is much easier to use but I can't recall all the steps from memory so maybe someone else can walk you through it.

if you want a number to go to a specific mailbox it has to be a mailbox that matches the incoming number. in order to change this you need to do a digit conversion using Cmd 76 so that the incoming number matches the mailbox number. you then create the number as a virtual and callforward that to the VM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back