Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyyunus

IS-IT--Management
Apr 11, 2006
US
Hi All,

I am a newbie to Lotus mail applications. My company has decided to implement Lotus mail alongside with MS Exchange.

I want a precise document which will tell me after installing Lotus domino what configuration shall i make to enable users send and recieve mails (I want to implement IMAP server).

The only thing i could figure it out while playing with this new thing is how to creata mail id.

If i see the Lotus document that is 700 Pages, i have no patience to read it all to just getting started, may be after some time as i gain experience i will read.

But by then someone help me.

Thanks

-------
Yunus

To implement IMAP is done the following way (very brief compacted version...):

- Enable the IMAP task on the Domino server (load IMAP)
- Users and mail files created
- Make sure the HTTP password is set for users, and 'shortname'
- If an older version of Notes / Domino (version 5) there is a need for a conversion routine pr mailbox (on 4.x I am not sure how well the IMAP works, if implemented?)
- For version 6 or newer the access can be set up immediately on NEWLY created mailfiles. For used files it's recm to do a convert similar as pr version 5, see helpfile (lookup under IMAP)
- To activate access from an IMAP compatible client, use the 'short' name value combined with the defined HTTP password

That's basically it...

Brgds,

TrooDOS

Thanks a lot i will do that and post the results.

thanks once again.

-------
Yunus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back