Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie question - Where to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMacPherson

Programmer
Jul 3, 2000
GB
Hi all,
I want to create a website which will have a searchable database of products. The user will be able to search on product name, code, cost etc.

My understanding is that the php script will use SQL to search the database and the send back an HTML file which has been created with the appropriate information. I hope that's right!!

My question is where do I start ? I know HTML,Javscript, a bit of C,JAVA,VB but should I learn SQL first(and what do I need for that) or PHP?

Is it possible you can give me a basic explanation of what I need to do?

Thanks for any help.
Chris MacPherson
thedamager@hotmail.com
Bring on the new Browza's!!

Learn/t/ing D\HTML, Javascript, Java, VB5-6, COBOL, Pascal

Sorry for this post whoever is reading this, as I have just read the other post just down the page which is very similar!!!

:)
Chris MacPherson
thedamager@hotmail.com

Hehe, no problem.

The great thing about the PHP/MySQL/Apache community, partially due to its open-source system and Linux's success, is that there's always someone out there who has an answer and is willing to give it. It just takes some searching sometimes.

Thanks, that's why I like these forums, always someone with some positive contributions!

Chris MacPherson
thedamager@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back