Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie Question:Same E-Mail to Multiple E-Mail Addresses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KellyStee

Technical User
Jul 30, 2001
US
I have an e-mail that I send out over and over again (Same text everytime just a different e-mail address). I'm using Outlook 2002. I want to able to hit a button that just pulls up the e-mail, allows me to type in a new address and hit send.

Is this what an Outlook template is for? Or an Outlook form? Or is this just custom VBA code?

I've searched the help for all 3, but help seems to address more complex issues.

Thanks in advance!!
Kelly

Yes, an outlook form would do it. And I think an easier way is to open it from your Sent items, and click Actions - Resend, and put in a different address.

I have found Outlook forms are a little tedious, but if you'd like to tackle it, create the email with everything you want except the "TO" address, then click File-Save as, and change the type to Outlook template. Pay attention to where it saves it, it will probably be in the folder called "Templates", but you could put it on your desktop if you'd prefer.

When you are ready to send it, click File - New - Choose form, and then pick User templates in file system as the location, or just double-click it from your desktop if that's where you saved it and your form should open.

Sawedoff

Kelly.

If you have a look around in thias forum and the VBA forum you will find a load of examples of how to automate e-mail sending from VBA.

Iff this is something you do regularly then you realy should try it you can save hours.

sawedoff,

You led me down the right path. I found a slightly easier way though. . .I just went to the sent message, choose "Tools" > "Publish Form As" > and saved the e-mail as a form!! So I really didn't have to touch the coding/building of the form. The trick is to be in the actual e-mail when you are doing it. That's the part I didn't realize before.

Thanks so much for helping me!!

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back