Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie Question regarding Access 2000 database and ADO

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxman

Technical User
Jun 1, 2004
US
Hi
I`m starting to learn Delphi. I have a Access database that I set up with 4 fields. I have a ado connection, adotable and a datasource and a dbnavigator. It seems like most of the features work except I cannot edit any data fields. I can go to first and last records. If I click the dbnavigator button it looks like the recordset is in edit mode but I can`t type in the field.

Hi
I found my own answer. It seems when I added a few db edits. I able to modify various records. I thought it was possible just to use a dbgrid control and edit directly...I assumed wrong.

I'm not sure about Access or ADO, but with other connections and DB types, I am able to edit in the grid. Check your value for DBGrid property ReadOnly. Also look at DBGrid.Options properties.

Roo
Delphi Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back