Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie question - One 2007 client has emails disappearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

madforitdiver

IS-IT--Management
Sep 2, 2009
GB
Hi All
First post here for me! Help desperately needed. I have a single user in my brand new SBS2008/Exchange2007 environment who is having problems with his account. He is attached to the server fine, and can send and receive emails both internally and outside the domain.

The issue he has is that email to two the people here just disappear - no non-deliverable receipt, no bounceback, no nothing, the emails just disappear. They can email him fine, but even a reply email just disappears.

One of the users he is having problems sending to is internal to the same domain, the other is external using a POP3/SMTP account.

Client is Outlook 2007 on all machines and the two recipients who are not recieving from the problem account are having no problems with other people internal and external.

Receiving external email is currently set up for all users via POP3 which works fine. This will eventually change but for now cannot be removed and set over to direct delivery.

As I'm an exchange novice I'm after help on how to diagnose what is going on as well as how to fix it, all in pretty simple terms please!!.....any help appreciated.

Many Thanks
Paul

For your internal client, check for any Outlook rule applied.

For external client, activate send connector logging, and check if you can see anything. I had a case when antispam filter was activated in the other side to delete mails that are considered as spam, instead of bouncing back. Maybe you could contact people in the other side to see whether these emails reach destination.

Hi Alfa, thanks for the reply.
Have checked the internal client and no outlook rules ahve been set up - I have enabled routing logging and also have looked at the message tracking logging - doesn't look to be anythinh unusual there but I'm no expert - I could post the logs here if you're interested. Meanwhile I shall keep investigating

Close Outlook in both client side, and use OWA to send, and receive email in the other side, and see what is going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back