Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie question on DTS package

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathryn

Programmer
Apr 13, 2000
US
Good afternoon all,

I have created a DTS package that contains an Execute SQL Task, and ActiveX Scripting Task, and another Execute SQL Task.

What the DTS Package does is delete indexes from a table if they exist (the first Execute SQL task), load in a variable number of text files from a directory (the ActiveX Scripting Task), and the recreate the indexes (the second Execute SQL Task)

I got the script for the ActiveX Scripting Task from (thanks tlbroadbent!)

In the schematic, the tasks are connected by Workflow arrows. I also have a Connection Object in the Design Pane, which is not connected to any of the tasks, which describes the database that the package should run against.

I am getting the error "ActiveX Scripting was not able to initialize the scripting engine." I have reregistered all the dlls that are used. Windows Script Host is installed on the machine.

I am wondering, am I missing something basic? Is there some way that I need to tell the DTS package to initialize the engine?

I hope that this is clear. Please ask questions if I am not. Any ideas, references or resources would be greatly appreciated. Kathryn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back