Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie Question - Grand Totals of Group Totals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich24

MIS
Oct 5, 2002
US
Hi!

CR Pro v11.0 (and very new to this, please be gentle)

I'm sure this is an easy fix, but... I'm trying to find immunization administered by our clinic by date and immunization type. Then I need a grand total count broken down by ImmType. I have the ServiceDate in the Group 1 Header and ImmType and Count of ImmType in the Group 2 Header. How do I get the count of all imms, broken down by ImmType in the Report Footer?

Thanks, Rich

You can use a crosstab in your report footer to do this. They are pretty straight forward to use a bit like excel pivot tables. There's plenty of information in the help about how to use them.

HTH

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Cool! I knew there had to be way. I'll play with it tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thanks, Gary!

Crosstab seems right for this particular case. More generally, you cannot total a total but you can write a new total that does the same job. Running totals can also be used to total based on some condition. The use of Crystal's automated totals is outlined at FAQ767-6524.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

You can total a total using variables.

-LB

The cross tabs did the trick. Thank you all for your input!

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back