Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie Question: Finding the ocx

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCortez

Programmer
Sep 18, 2000
BR
I read in the book ActiveX Programmer's Library (Suleiman,Jamsa Press), that the first example "hello.html", that uses alert() function has the control spinner.ocx. How to obtain this information (spinner.ocx)? I say this because others programs of the book are not running ok...and I would like to know if the trouble is that the controls are not registered...then I would like to find the controls of each book example.

Thanks for any help.
Ccortez

Try to register all controls of the book or some of them. u dont know witch control is from the OBJECT tag(CLSID or PROGID) till u register, and after u find his CLSID or PROGID on the registry and then u could use it.
if u try to register an control and the register fails u get an error message witch means that the control is not an activex control. ________
George, M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back