Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie question about systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyr

Programmer
Nov 30, 2000
US
Hopefully, someone in here can help me determine my needs. We are a relatively small company that needs a 6x16 system. I currently have a Non-DS Compact 6x16, but don't think it's going to cut it. What we need is an Automated Attendant to answer all calls. Then, depending on the selection, the caller would be:

1. Routed to an outside 800 number (preferably using our Centranet system as to not tie up multiple lines)

2. directed to a particular phone extension

3. if that phone is busy, go directly into his/her voicemail

Also, is it possible to have 2 different automated attendants based on the number the caller dialed? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Bobby R

Hi!
You can have two AAs based on the number dialed. The system you seem in need of is the CICS/Call Pilot combination. It is comparatively cheap and awsomely capable for small business.

PhM

I have to agree with Arr. It is capable of handling your requirements. Being non-DS really hurts for your AA requirements. By using the CICS/Call Pilot combination, your existing phones will still be compatable.

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back