Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie querie - advance procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfgp

Technical User
Nov 4, 2001
AR
i have a small database that contains personal data (Name, ID, address and other stuff like that)
of almost 900 people and their primary group of relatives. I need to assign tickets to them and store
the conceirning information in a way that doesn't allow them to ask for a number of passes that exceeds
the number of relatives in their families, per month.
If you, skillful people can waste some of your precious time and give me an answer, i will be very gratefull.
Pd. Forgive my language, i'm not a english speaker...

Dear dfgp

Your english is a lot better than some so don't worry.

1. I am assuming that each of these people who have an id;
the records for their 'relatives' will also
have a field with this 'id' in as a 'foriegn key'

2. If it doesn't it should and that would be your first
step.

3 if it does then your task is simple with one exception
which I will come to later

On second thoughts
Could you give me the table name and tell me if you have fields for the number of tickets allocated per month because I get the feeling you are going to have to include a date check .
I started writing with examples but it got to complex - if I use your actual field names etc you will be able to copy and paste the functionality.

regards

jo

"1." You assum right, the tables are linked by this ID to avoid duplicate registers in the first one (National ID is obligatory in my country)
"Second thoughts" The tables are "affiliates" and "family group". I have no included infomation about this passes until now because this is a new task from my employers (Perhaps i should store them in a new table?)
Thanks a lot, and if you could me explain more.

Hi
I haven't forgotten you I am just tied up with some templates at the moment. if you have an email address could you post it or email me
email2jo@btinternet.com and I will mail you a suggested relationship entity with some validation suggestions .

It will take me a couple of hours so be patient

regards

Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back