Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie on Selenium on XUNIT 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2003
US
I am a very occasional C# Programmer. My organization gave me a project which involves Selenium drivers. So I use Visual Studio Code and created a class library. It compiles well, it has a NuGet feed that stores our organization's class libraries a few of them are needed in my project. After I do dotnet restore --interactive and similar commands the libraries are all downloaded to the PC where I work and the build task is succesful I see my dll called MySeleniumTests.dll along with a bunch of support dlls.Part of my research doing NuGet for the first time taught me that this computer has stored all the dlls that are needed in my profile .nuget\packages folder. I test this code as this does not have a main using the .NET Core Test Explorer which magically puts some IntelliSense lines in my code so essentallay I can run this on command line like dotnet vstest MySeleniumTests.dll I execute this where my project has created a debug\netcoreapp2.0 I guess it is using .NETCoreApp,Version=v2.0 .Upto this point I am fine here is where I need help.

I took just the debug folder and tried to run it on another computer that has just the basics like DotNet Core same versions as I am the one installing it on both computers.Here If I try to do the same command as dotnet vstest MySeleniumTests.dll I get cannot find testhost.dll.So I found testhost.dll from my other computer and put it here.However, then it started complaining about real dependencies saying it needs the other libraries which leads me to wonder how to package this tool for others without a full development environment.Note as a trial I put my full project and built it on this computer and everything is kosher.

The C# gurus out there I was thinking (perhaps incorrectly) based on this link

My thought was the DLL when built does have all the things it needs is that true or am I off (Dynamic Linking is that at run time)

I also stumbled on this link whereby I copied everything according to the poster locally
as well but that also doesn't give me any working solution.

Create a release version an try using the release folder. The debug folder uses debug versions of the libraries which may or may not exist on a separate machine. Also, the microsoft redist only contains release versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back