Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie needs Tutorial......

Status
Not open for further replies.

jscott27

Programmer
Oct 28, 2002
US
I am being offered a possible job with a company as a Win 2K Server administrator, IF I can learn the basics of networking in the next couple of days (not much time, granted, but that's life...). Specifically, I will need to understand DHCP, DNS, WINS, & Exchange 2000. Does anyone know of any good tutorials, and/or good websites where I could get some basic info? Would you recommend either Win 2K Pocket Consultant or the "Dummies" book? I have a programming background (Cobol), with some light SQL Server development (not enough to get the .NET job that pays better though....).
Any suggestions that would point me in the right direction are greatly appreciated.....

read the w2k server book-

check on microsoft.com or mcpmag.com
there have serveral good site.
you can search
----------
Caloy
----------

OH boy, you have a lot to learn buddy, especially on AD, there isn't much on DHCP if it is already configured

just be careful what you do
reading book is one thing, understand the concept, but you will see and learn a lot in real life like you are going into

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back